9 Rules from Chris Pratt: Generation Award Winner
Chris Pratt, yes that Chris Pratt, from Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy, is an outspoken Christian and all-around good guy. (Obviously that last one is pure speculation, since I've never met him, but I assume so) He recently won a generational award and during his speech he used his time to share 9 rules for life and living. Though they weren't all serious in tone, there can be no doubt he takes each of these seriously. Mixed with humor, Pratt made a point to bring up his faith at an event where faith is often perceived as a taboo subject, so without further ado, 9 rules from Chris Pratt:
1. Breath - If you don't you'll suffocate.
2. You have a soul. Be careful with it.
3. If you're strong be a protector, and if you're smart be a humble influencer; strength and intelligence can be weapons, and do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that.
4. When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger, they won't even know they are eating medicine.
5. Doesn't matter what it ism earn it. A good deed, reach out to someone in pain, be of service, it feels good, it's good for your soul.
6. God is real. God loves you God wants the best for you. Believe that. I do.
7. If you have to poop at a party, but you're embarrassed because you're going to stink up the bathroom, just do what I do. Lock the door, sit down, get all of the pee out first. And then, once all the pee is done, poop, flush and boom! (We abridged this one! Sorry Chris!)
8. Learn to pray. It's easy and it's so good for your soul!
9. Nobody is perfect. People are going to tell you you're perfect just the way you are, you're not. You're imperfect. You always will be. But there is a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you're willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift. And like the freedom we enjoy in this country that grace was paid for with somebody else's blood. Do not forget it. Do not take it for granted.
He ended his message with a simple, "God Bless". What a time to be alive, when celebrities are using their voices and amazing platforms to share the joy of the Lord! His words certainly resonated with us, we hope you take them to heart as well!
@ChrisPratt #ChrisPratt #Pratt #9rules #God #GodBless #perfectlyimperfect #soul #Pray #generation #award #win #UMC #Church #HilltopUMC